What Promises Are Delivered?
Promises Delivered 2-Step Program – What are the results?
I have to say we have never had a product regimen with so much testing!
Promises Delivered Neck CreamSerum is a huge improvement over our original Coneflower Neck Cream that has had a cult following for more than 20 years! We have made it better by giving it a new delivery system that provides deeper penetration for greater anti-aging benefits.
Our testers loved it and started using it on their faces too – reporting back amazing results!
The second product in this regimen, Promises Delivered Neck Firming Exfoliator can also be used on the face. A clinical study focusing on this formula has proved that Promises Delivered Neck Firming Exfoliator can promise the following:
- Refine skin texture.
- Build skin firmness.
- Increase brightness and glow.
- Improve appearance of wrinkles.
- Shrink pore size.
- Deliver intense hydration.
What are you waiting for? Try this amazing duo today!
August 30, 2012
Fall Fashion: Decoded
With fall and winter coming, perhaps your wardrobe needs a bit of updating? Upcoming fashion trends bring “sexy”, “classy”, and “classic” into your fall - for polished, elegant looks that will be the center of everyone’s attention.
- For fall and winter the emphasis on the waist is still a major trend! Whether on a belted swing coat, a curvy dress and a waist belt or pencil skirt, the waist is highlighted with fall fashion pieces.
- Chic fall hats are making a comeback to complete your style as the weather starts to get chillier.
- After a summer of trapeze style dresses everywhere, the fitted classic sheath style dresses present themselves as the new, fresh Fall 2012 trend. The dresses for fall/winter of 2012/2013 are more stylish and well fitted, but not skin tight. These dresses tend to have a fitted but comfortable cut, (generally with a hem line from mid knee to below the knee), flattering figures in all the right ways.
- The colors on the runway for the fall/winter season of 2012/2013 are neutral and classic colors, such as brown, black, taupe, winter white, and many shades of gray. Dark rich blues also seem to make an appearance. While the majority of designers are sticking to these colors, some designers are making use of brighter, popping colors.
- Evening wear of Fall 2012 appear in some bolder, and very soft pastel colors – including gold, red hues, vivid blues, and deep jewel tones. Shades of soft blush pink, and silvery soft blues are also quite popular, especially for evening gowns that are fabulously feminine, and old Hollywood sexy.
- For the ladies that are a fan of black, designers have used the color black in many fashion looks for this fall - mixed up with dark gray, stark white, as well as lots of shades of dark mid-night blue.
August 29, 2012
Video Visit with Diane
Promises Delivered Neck Firming Exfoliator - Set of 3
August 28, 2012
10 Best Hair Tips
- Purple camouflages brassiness, so purple-tinted shampoos, conditions, and styling products are great for blonde hair and highlighted brown hair.
- When all else fails, go for a ponytail. It pulls it all together and looks edited and very on purpose.
- Layers help thin hair, because they add volume. They also help to tame curly hair that tends to dry into a triangle shape, by breaking up the fullness at the bottom.
- Blow-dry bangs only from the sides to get them straight. Alternate which side the heat comes from for best results.
- If you have trouble with frizz, try not to run your fingers through your hair or brush it anymore than necessary.
- For more volume, switch the placement of your part.
- Blow-dry hair upside down to add more volume at the roots. Also, try drying side-to-side for all around volume.
- Before you go swimming wet hair with regular water. The regular water fills up the cuticle, so damaging chlorinated or salt water cannot do so.
- Red hair color fades the fastest. Tinted shampoos and conditioners, as well as clear gloss treatments, can help fight fading.
- A messy part hides roots. You can also try dry shampoo and hair mascara between visits to the colorist.
August 27, 2012
Number 1 Flaw that Makes You Look Older? And it is Not Wrinkles.
Wrinkles and sagging skin? We all worry about skin health and beauty as we get older. We do our best to take care of our skin in the best way with a regular skin care regimen. We do all we can to fix our wrinkles and slow down the look of aging.
A new research study, however, shows that uneven skin color is what people notice the most as we age – even more than wrinkles! And that is why we are giving you tips on reducing and correcting dark spots, patches and uneven tones today:
- Make sure to take care of your skin on a regular basis with a full skin care regimen. Moisturize day and night, use an eye cream, a neck cream and a serum.
- Exfoliate regularly – typically once or twice a week - whether you use exfoliating pads, an exfoliating cleanser or a cream. Make regular exfoliation a part of your facial regime as it will help soften skin discolorations.
- Go for professional treatments once a month. Getting facials and microdermabration treatments will do wonders for your skin health.
- Salon microdermabrasion treatments will further soften the look of dark skin tones.
- Laser procedures from a dermatologist will eliminate the most difficult age spots.
The most important thing you can do for your skin? Constant use of sun protection. Do not skip this step… ever! Not only will it give you a healthy glow, but it is the ultimate secret to healthier and younger-looking skin throughout life.
August 24, 2012
Exfoliate All of Your Parts
I know that you love to remove dead skin cells from your face and instantly see the improved skin texture, color and tone. What about the rest of your body?
Feet need heavy duty exfoliation. In addition to regular pedicures try using Promises Delivered Neck Firming Exfoliator on your feet.
Do you ever consider using your creamy Promises Delivered Neck Exfoliator on your aging arms, elbows, knees and legs? Amazing results can be achieved using small amounts of a fluid formula to retexturize different parts of your body.
I have my husband put Promises Delivered Neck Firming Exfoliator on my back regularly.
Indulge yourself with this especially luxurious spa treatment at home.
August 22, 2012
Video Visit with Diane
Promises Delivered Neck Firming Exfoliator - Set of 3
August 21, 2012
5 Things That Make You Tired
Sometimes fatigue can be attributed to things we do in everyday life. Consider these 5 things before turning to sleep remedies:
- Dehydration: can make you feel sluggish and interfere with concentration. If you are feeling foggy and lightheaded, try drinking a glass of water or two.
- Cell phone usage: Checking your phone before can make it harder to fall asleep. The artificial light produced by electronic devices can suppress production of the sleep hormone melatonin.
- Medication: Some pharmaceuticals, especially anti-depressants and migraine medications, can make you feel more lethargic than usual.
- Over-exercising: While working-out helps lower the stress hormone cortisol in the body, regularly running for more than 30 minutes at a steady pace can actually increase cortisol production. Interval training combined with strength training helps to better maintain cortisol levels.
- Low-iron: Iron helps to bring oxygen to the cells and remove waste from the cells. If you are not getting 18 milligrams a day, the body can have trouble functioning properly and you may feel more sluggish.
Source: Women’s Health Magazine
August 20, 2012
Why a Special Exfoliator for Your Neck?
You must know that I am a fanatic about caring for the skin on your neck. This is because for 30 years I have seen so many well cared for faces and terribly neglected necks.
This neck skin is thin, dry, fragile, and has gravity pulling down, while it is not structurally supported. Most people who do apply a specialized neck cream fail to take the next step and exfoliate regularly.
Like an anti-aging neck cream, a neck exfoliator must be specific to the needs of this especially delicate skin. No beads, granules or any type of manual exfoliants should be used in this are. Gentle pads, enzymes or creamy fluids are the best. Monitor frequency to avoid irritation.
With the right exfoliation product, you will remove dead skin cells regularly and boast the effectiveness of all other products used on the neck.
August 17, 2012
Clean Beauty Tools
For your skin’s health and beauty, professional beauty tools - such as brushes, sponges, scoops and tweezers - need to be kept perfectly cleaned so that they don’t spread bacteria. I wash and clean them at least once a week.
What is the best way to do this?
- If you use brushes and washable sponges, give them a soapy bath and rinse with warm water and liquid dish washing detergent.
- Make sure to rinse well and dry thoroughly so they retain their shape.
- Tools with hard surfaces - such as tweezers, scissors, scoops - should be cleaned after each use with wiping alcohol.
- I cannot do my makeup without tightly wound medical Q-tips. They are perfect; just the right size for applying and blending and easily dispensable.
- Finally, always wash your hands before touching your face.
August 16, 2012
Whether you are running errands during the day or are out and about at night, you know that a timeless handbag is your best friend no matter what the occasion! Not only does a classic piece complete your look in a flattering way but it also holds your most important belongings you need with you at all times. Here are our suggestions for chic, timeless bags that you must have in your wardrobe:
Oversized bags: If you are one of those ladies with a busy schedule, running around all day, a stylish oversized bag is perfect for you. Pick out a leather one in basic colors such as black, dark blue, charcoal grey or chocolate brown. The leather will exude sophistication while such tones – especially appropriate for fall and winter- will match any color palette your outfit is in. Match your coat or boots and you will look extra stylish.
Leather bags: Though it’s been in the spotlight a lot more in the past year, leather has been always been a classic fashion trend. Whether it is genuine leather or a fake one, we strongly suggest you invest in a couple leather handbags to complete your look, day or night! Fake or real, designers are giving you a lot of options in terms of color too – whether you need one in classic tones like browns, blacks and light neutrals or bold colors like red, navy, dark teal and metallics.
Clutches: Yet another universal trend, clutches are quite popular with fashionistas. While a simple, elegant clutch is a great accessory to wear on a daily basis, one embellished with crystals and sequins or adorned with embroidery is perfect for special occasions.
Tiny bags: Perfect for going out, romantic dates and other occasions, tiny bags look adorable, are elegant and extremely convenient. Especially when all you need to have with you are your phone and lipstick.
August 15, 2012
Video Visit with Diane
Age Lift Cleanser - Set of 3
August 14, 2012
Eat Fat, Lose Weight
Eating fat from the right sources can make your food taste better, help you lose those last few founds and also make sure your absorbing as many nutrients as possible from the foods you already eat.
According to one study, Americans consumed fewer calories from fat in 2000 than they did in 1971, but the total number of calories per day increased. This is likely due in large part to manufacturers replacing the fat in foods.
Fat helps deliver key nutrients to the body. Vitamins, including A, D, E and K are fat-soluble and need to bind with fat in order to be absorbed. If you put low-fat dressing on your salad you could be missing out on a lot of the benefits packed into the vegetables you are consuming.
The key to fat in the diet is paying close attention to the source and portion size. If you cut out all fats you will miss out on the good sources. For example, monounsaturated fats, such as almonds, have been linked with preventing the accumulation of fat along the midsection. Combining a fat and a carbohydrate in the same meal can help regulate blood sugar.
One type of fat to continue avoiding is trans fats, which are man-made and have been shown to raise bad cholesterol (LDL) and reduce good cholesterol (HDL).
Spread good fat and carbohydrate combinations throughout the day to take the next steps toward your weight loss or healthy diet goals.
August 13, 2012
Change Your Skin With a Milky Cleanser
I am such a fan of milky cleansers that I can’t go a day without one. Cleaning your skin and stripping it of accumulated dirt is one of the most important things you can do for your skin and you must do it on a daily basis. A milky cleanser does such an amazing job of cleaning your skin while leaving it moist and refreshed. Here is why you, too, should be using a milky cleanser for anti-aging and beauty benefits, instead of a soapy cleanser:
- Only a milky cleanser can truly break down the oils and waxes in makeup. This is because a milky cleanser like Age Lift has certain oils in it that specifically break down other oils and oily ingredients in makeup. This process is what leaves your skin truly clean, without being too harsh.
- A soapy cleanser (or any other cleanser formula that foams) over-cleans your skin, leaving it dry, harsh and irritated. This is especially a problem for mature skin which already lacks the natural oils it used to have. If you are stripping your skin of its natural oils by cleaning it with a soapy cleanser, it will be left dry and dehydrated.
- A milky cleanser is great at breaking down mascara, eyeliner and any eye makeup – which can be difficult to take off - without over-rubbing (which can damage the sensitive, thin skin around the eyes). Another reason why you should avoid using a soapy cleanser.
- Hydration is the most important thing for your skin. The right milky cleanser will leave your skin more moist, clean, fresh and glowing when you are finished with the cleansing process. Remember that dry and dehydrated skin will look tired, damaged, as well as showing more lines and wrinkles.
In short: A milky cleanser is a multi-tasker at cleaning your skin in the most beneficial ways. From stripping it of dirt and pollution, to removing stubborn eye makeup and deeply cleansing your skin in a gentle way, a milky cleanser will give your skin a thorough cleaning, a refreshed feel and the necessary hydration that it needs .
August 9th, 2012
Summer Style Transition to Fall
Stylish fall pieces hitting the stores hint that breezy weather is right around the corner. But for those of you that are not ready to give up fun, lightweight summer clothes yet, we’ve got some great news: Though summer might be coming to an end, you don’t have to put away your warm weather staples yet. In fact, you can use a lot of pieces in your summer wardrobe right now to transition into fall. Here are some tips to look chic and stylish, and be chilly-weather-ready this fall - with your favorite summer pieces, of course!
- Don’t put away your light summer dresses yet! Wear them during the fall with tights and leggings that have similar color palettes.
- Pair your fall pieces – such as a chic blouse and a flattering pair of cropped pants - with your summer sandals.
- Fall is the perfect time to spice up your look by wearing different accessories that you could not during the summer. So add knitwear to your look, such as a cap or scarf – without over accessorizing, of course.
- Certain fall staples and summer pieces were meant to be worn together because they complete each other so well. So throw on a stylish, sophisticated blazer over a lovely sundress.
- Light sweaters look amazing when layered over your favorite dress or blouse.
- Big, drapey scarves come in so many beautiful prints and gorgeous colors that they are the perfect finishing touch for any outfit. Throw a different one on everyday and use it as a shawl if the temperature drops in the evening.
- Leather is a major trend in the fall. Incorporate it into your look however way you want – leather jackets, leather bags, leather shoes…Take your pick!
August 8th, 2012
Video Visit with Diane:
Age Lift: Set of 3
August 7th, 2012
Simple Steps to Cellulite-Free Skin
Follow these tips for smooth, firm and dimple free skin.
Water helps to flush away excess salt in the system and reduce bloating. Eating water packed foods can be even more effective at fighting cellulite. Fruits like watermelon, plums and mangoes, are also full of anti-oxidants that help prevent the breakdown of collagen. Helping to protect the skin’s support structure is key to concealing lumps and bumps.
Doing cardio will lessen the look of cellulite by helping to zap fat, but lunges are the real bump buster. Lunges help to build lean muscle in the butt and thighs. Try doing three sets of 12-20 lunges on each leg, 3 or 4 times a week, and you can see an improvement in as little as a month.
Products containing the stimulant help to temporarily eliminate water in connective tissue, making cellulite less apparent. Exfoliate before applying to help the product penetrate more effectively.
Excess salt in the diet can cause water retention and bloating, exacerbating the appearance of cellulite.
Body parts appear smaller when they are darker. Exfoliate the skin and following with tanning lotion or spray. Try one with a shimmery bronzer for instant glow.
Source: Adapted from Self.com
August 6th, 2012
Is Your Skin Really Clean?
Cleaning is the number 1 “basic” of any skincare program. As we age, there are additional things you should be mindful of:
- Only a milky, hydrating cleanser can thoroughly clean without damaging your facial surface. Formulas with cleansing oils can break down makeup and environmental pollution without harming delicate skin on your face and neck.
- Daily AM and PM cleansing is necessary for the complete removal of facial debris.
- The gentle removal of accumulated dead skin cells is the key factor in keeping aging faces smooth and deeply cleansed.
- To do so, add regular exfoliating pads to your cleansing routine.
- You can also better your daily cleansing and skincare process by paying attention to hygiene.
- Touch your face with clean hands ONLY. Only clean fingers or tools should be used to scoop out creams.
- Thorough hand washing and hand sanitizer - such as Purell – application will help you achieve this.
- Also, make use of disposable Q-tips and sponges when necessary – especially when applying your makeup. Never go to bed with traces of makeup of your face. Use a gentle makeup remover, cleanser, Q-tips, clean cotton and/or cleansing pads and wipes to remove your makeup.
- Use clean linens and change them frequently.
August 3, 2012
24-Hour Anti-Aging Plan
Turn back the clock on aging - banish wrinkles, kill off cancer cells, eliminate cellular exhaustion and defeat dementia - in just 24 hours!
Revolutionary new research in the world of anti-aging medicine reveals that you can actually transform your organs, your cells and even your DNA with simple changes started within a 24-hour time span.
Wipe Out Wrinkles - Eat Less Sugar
- Eating excess sugar destroys collagen, subsequently causing facial wrinkles. To help cut down on sugar, eliminate hidden glucose “spikers” often consumed at breakfast time: fruit-flavored yogurt and ketchup.
- Replace such food with healthier alternatives: instead of fruit-flavored yogurt, eat plain yogurt with fresh berries or agave. Instead of dousing your eggs with ketchup, try sriracha sauce made from chili peppers.
Cut Off Cancer Cells
- We all have microscopic cancer circulating in our bodies. To try and stop them from growing deadly, we need to cut off their blood supply, a process called anti-angiogenesis. Certain foods, particularly brightly colored fruits, contain substances with anti-angiogenic properties.
- Eat an anti-cancer fruit salad made with papaya, blackberries and nutmeg at lunchtime every day. All three of these foods help prevent blood vessels from nourishing cancer cells.
- We’re not talking about fatigue from lack of sleep, but rather, cellular exhaustion, which is associated with aging.
- To eliminate cellular exhaustion, try astragalus, a medicinal Chinese plant shown to help rebuild genes. Along with ginseng, astragalus is a member of the adaptogenic herb family that also helps reduce stress.
- If you can’t get in your daily walk as exercise, make time to stand up for 10 minutes a day, an activity shown to dramatically help rebuild your genes.
- To keep your brain cells humming and disease-free, you need to lessen the possibility of plaque formation, which is tied to dementia. To do so, decrease inflammation in your body by following an anti-inflammatory diet.
- Eliminate inflammatory foods like nitrates found in heavily processed foods such as meats and cheeses from the deli counter. Always avoid the ingredient “sodium nitrate.”
- To help fight memory loss, start taking a combo supplement containing the natural compounds acetyl-l-carnitine (400mg) and alpha-lipoic acid (200mg). Combined, they help direct energy to cells and provide powerful antioxidant protection so the brain can function at its optimum best.
Go to Bed
- Getting enough sleep is critical to living a long life. Before you dive under the sheets, take 5 minutes to practice deep breathing or other meditation techniques.
Source: The Dr. Oz Show
August 2, 2012
Top 5 Style Mishaps
During the summertime, who doesn’t want a tan? A tan can be very flattering because it brings color, radiance and youth to your face. That is why artificial tanning methods become popular during the warmer time of the year. However, an over-tanned look not only screams fake, but it can also age you extremely. To avoid walking around with an orange looking skin, remember that when adding a bit of color with artificial tanning, “less is more” and just a little bit will be enough to make you look brighter and younger.
When making a trip to the hairdresser’s, make sure you know what exactly you want. Choose a stylist that you trust and explain to him/her what you have in mind as well as you can – you can even take a photo with you. Get your stylist’s opinion on what would suit your age and face shape the best. Being particular when getting a haircut (or a new color) is very important; you do not want to walk out unhappy with your new do. Remember a bad hairdo is unforgettable while a flattering one can take years off instantly!
Wearing Animal Prints Head-to-Toe
Yes, animal prints – lion, tiger, leopard, zebra prints to name a few – have been among the fashion trends of 2012, appearing everywhere from handbags and shoes to dresses and scarves. While incorporating this trend to your look subtly - with one animal print item complementing your outfit – can make you look extremely elegant, carrying a leopard handbag while wearing leopard print dress, shoes and scarf will make you stand out in a negative way. So avoid overdoing this fashion trend to keep your style chic and classy.
This is possibly one of the most important fashion tips we can give you: Avoid wearing ill-fitting, too baggy, oversized clothes. Dressing in such a way visually adds on pounds to your frame, makes you appear older and seem sloppy. Dress your size with clothes that flatter your figure – simple but a golden rule!
The Wrong Undergarments
A lot of us let go of the little details once we get to a certain age. But we should always remember that it is those little details that make us look and feel younger. Wearing the right bra or support-top pantyhose can make a world’s difference. Avoid wearing ill-fitting bras and undergarments that can make you appear out-of-shape, lumpy and older, and invest in gravity-defying bras and body slimmers that eliminate lumps and bumps.
August 1, 2012
Video Visit with Diane