March 30, 2012
Vitamins in Skincare Products
Vitamin A, C and E are powerful antioxidants that are an important part of a healthy diet. Interestingly enough, these antioxidants work in skincare formulas in the same way as they work in our diets when they are ingested: They neutralize free radicals in our bodies; and they do the same in skincare products.
What do we mean by “neutralizing free radicals”? We mean getting rid of the damaging molecule of oxygen. Neutralizing free radicals is a preventative action. By getting rid of these free radicals with such antioxidants, we help prevent various signs of aging such as wrinkles, pigmentation, texture change, lack of firmness and sagging.
Vitamins A, C, and E come in different forms and can have different names. When you read a cosmetic label, you might not catch the vitamin at first glance. However, if you read through carefully, you will see that the vitamins are the ones that have letter (of the vitamin) in parenthesis. Almost all formulas use Vitamin E to prevent the oxidation of the formula.
Learn to read your ingredient label and look for these wonderful vitamins in your formulas.
Here are some of our formulas that are high end antioxidants:
- Antioxidant Cleansing Gel - Acsorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
- Antioxidant Herbal Toning Mist – Ascorbyl Methylsilanol Pectinate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A)
- Miraculously Younger Serum - Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate)
- De-Aging Sunscreen/ SPF 15 Oil-Free Firming Moisturizer - Tocopheryl Acetale (Vitamin E)
- Vitamin E Stick - Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
- C-Circles Vanish – Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Unwrinkle - Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A)
- Intensive Heeling Dry Foot Formula – Vitamin C
March 29, 2012
Spring Shoes For Happy Feet
Make room in your closet for the colorful, sophisticated, fun and comfortable shoes arriving in stores this spring. It is indeed the season of bright colors - including in the fashion world. A trend that is translating beautifully into our shoe closet. With all their bold designs, romantic feel, creative styles, and elegant fashion, here are our top picks from the spring shoes in bloom. You’ll be happy to know they are quite feet-friendly, too!
With the arrival of the gorgeous warm weather, the bold-but-comfy wedge heels are starting to show themselves everywhere. Quite a popular pick this time of the year, wedges are an easy way to add a few inches to you height and elongate your legs. There is a variety of heel heights in wedge styles, allowing you to choose the right one for your feet’s comfort. Pick from the many unique sandal wedges with heels made of everything from cork to wood.
The stylish, chic flats are also a season favorite. Available in bright colors, fun prints and complimentary two-tone styles, flats are matching the spring spirit. From floral to graphic and folkloric designs, a lot of variety in prints are available as well. For some sparkle, go for flats with bright colors and sequins; they are perfect for a beautiful classy look on a night out.
Ballet flats come in creative and romantic designs, and are embellished with flowers, buttons, bows, seashells, exotic prints and vivid brights that steal everyone’s eyes. While this style is a fantastic everyday wear, you can also combine it with more dressy clothes for a special occasion.
So pair your fun spring dresses, light jackets, stylish skirts and pants with the season’s hottest shoes for ultimate style and comfort.
March 28, 2012
Twice As Young & Timeless Video
March 27, 2012
One third of all Americans (both men and women) suffer from bloating. Bloating is an uncomfortable build up of air in the digestive tract that can add up to 3 inches to the waste line. While 20 % of the gas in our digestive tract is from air that we swallow, the other 80 % is from digestive processes. When the bacteria in our system digest the food we eat they release gas a byproduct.
- Carbonated beverages/artificial sweeteners
- Certain fruits and vegetables: beans, potatoes, broccoli, brussel sprouts and bananas often have sugars and starches that are harder to digest
- Impure water sources
What can we do?
- Try “Beano”- helps prevent gas, bloating, and other digestive problems after eating certain foods
- Avoid artificial sweeteners
- Avoid gluten- gluten intolerance has increase 4 fold in the last few decades
- Avoid lactose- either with “Lactaid” type products that have the necessary enzymes for digestion or milk substitutes such as soy or rice based products that are lactose free
- Simethicone- is used to treat the symptoms of gas and can be found in products such as Mylanta and Rolaids.
Source: Dr. OZ on Good Morning America
March 26, 2012
Skin Vitamins You Must Know About
The most important thing you can do for your skin and your body is to eat a well balanced diet, concentrating on lots of fruits and vegetables and protein at every meal.
Here is what you should aim for: Divide your plate in half; fill one half with fruits and brightly colored vegetables. Divide the other half into two equal parts; fill one part with lean protein (chicken, fish, eggs); the remaining portion with high quality starch (brown rice, quinoa, beans, sweet potatoes).
However, it is not always possible to eat the healthy way because of our hectic schedules. It is a good idea to take a well-balanced multivitamin as an insurance policy. Beyond this, check with your doctor about the vitamins and minerals you may be missing in your diet that should be added orally.
This is what we know can help make us beautiful with radiant glowing skin:
- Antioxidants – Almost all fresh fruits and vegetables contain some antioxidants. I love citrus fruits; I eat lots of fresh oranges, grapefruits and drink lemon juice.
- B Complex Vitamins – the ‘Beauty’ B vitamin is biotin. It can be found in bananas, eggs and oatmeal.
- Silica – Silica is a mineral that is great for your hair, nails, skin and bones. I supplement with a Biosil capsule daily. Not only is it wonderful for your skin but it is great for your hair, nails and bones.
- Sulphur – Sulphur works wonders to keep us young and beautiful. It is found in eggs, asparagus, kale, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and cabbage. If you eat these foods, you do not need to supplement.
For more information about beauty vitamins and minerals, visit “Nutrients for Healthy Skin: Inside and Out” on WebMD.
March 23, 2012
Boosters for Spring
Here are the skin boosting steps for a healthy, glowing, youthful skin for spring:
Exfoliation – Take your skin to another level by considering a 2-step salon treatment that you can use at home such as Young & Appealing Exfoliation Pads. This is the only at-home salon quality 2-part exfoliating system that I know of, where the exfoliation is followed by a calming, soothing, neutralizing pad. It is the most exfoliation you can do at home without harming your skin.
Masks – Using any mask gives you immediate improvement in your skin. And a super mask such as the Line Lifting Therapy Treatment Mask will give you salon results at home. Before getting photographed or going on air, I always make sure to give myself a super treatment to have glowing, youthful skin. I do two masks for 15-20 minutes each - the Line Lifting Therapy Treatment and Dry Parts Moisture Mask – one after the other as two separate processes.
Serums – These are boosters to our daytime and nighttime regimen, boosting the effectiveness of the formulas we use on a regular basis. In fact, we can call them “the new toners” in that they are used right after cleansing and before moisturizing.
Layering – Layering is putting a two (or more) different creams on your face, one over the other. We do this is because different creams and formulas have different jobs and functions that cannot be carried out with one product alone. I apply a daytime moisturizer (Promises Delivered Neck Creamserum) and a night cream with more active ingredients and exfoliating properties (Awaken Even Younger) to maximize the amazing benefits of these formulas.
Salon Treatments – Everyone needs a facial 3-4 times a year. However, if you have serious skin issues that require special care such as extreme dryness, clogging, dead skin cell accumulation and rough texture, you should make an effort to get a monthly facial.
March 22, 2012
Spring Skirt Styles
With the weather getting warmer day by day, we know that the time to update that wardrobe has arrived. As you replace your winter clothes with your warm weather essentials, we suggest you pay special attention to the beautiful and chic skirt styles of the spring. Here are the top 3 styles on our list!
Maxi skirts – These floor length skirts are getting ready to take the spotlight once again this spring. Not only do they come in a variety of vivid, neutral and pastel colors, and beautiful prints (such as floral and animal prints), but they also come in many different designs. Pleated, draped, frilled, asymmetrical, straight – take your pick for your taste. Another perk? You can mix and match a maxi skirt with almost anything. Wear it with buttoned shirts or casual loose-fitting tops. You will turn heads with your sophisticated and charming spring style.
Pencil Skirts – Always in style, pencil skirts are a classic pick when it comes to elegant fashion. Whether you are at the office, out for dinner with friends and family or attending a cocktail party, the timeless piece is suitable for any occasion. For a fresh, spring-y twist, try out different color options as well as styles with lace up details and ruching.
Midi Skirts – Becoming a particularly popular trend this spring, this skirt is perfect for women of all ages and body shapes. If you would like to be a little bold and classy at the same time, it is just the right length, allowing you to show some leg, but not too much. Available in many bright and bold colors, patterns and prints, midi skirts are generally A-line or flared in shape – two very flattering styles for most body types especially pear shaped women.
With the many options the current season brings, beautiful skirts are available in every print, pattern and style – and even better – for every age and body type.
March 21, 2012
Skin Breakthrough Spring Serums Video
March 20, 2012
Green Juice for a Health Breakthrough
Green juice describes any juice made from predominantly green vegetables, though it can contain a combination of fruits and vegetables in a variety of colors. The typical rule of thumb is 60% dark leafy vegetables and 40% other vegetables or fruits. Green leafy vegetables contain the most vitamins and minerals, and you will feel the effects almost instantly.
“Green juices” aid in detoxification. Green-based, pressed vegetable juices are best for detoxification or during a juice fast. They are low in fiber (which frees up digestive energy), sugar (compared to more fruit-based juices) and loaded with vitamins, minerals, vegetable proteins and phytochemicals (which contribute to good health and disease prevention).
Green smoothies are delicious and good for you as well, but if the goal is detoxification stick to juices. Because green juices have no fiber, they are extremely efficient for the body to digest, allowing more time to be spent on healing and repair. Green vegetable juice provides nutrients to rebuild your body, in addition to helping with the release of toxins.
As I am writing to you, I am enjoying the “Green Monster,” ½ a cucumber, 1 bunch of grapes, two handfuls of broccoli florets, and a handful of pineapple.
Starting your day with a green juice or green smoothie will allow your body to continue its detoxification efforts throughout the morning, even if you are not doing an all day fast. Our esthetician swears by starting each day with green juice, to allow the body to continue to detoxify from consumption in the day before, and improve skin almost immediately.
Source: Greenlemonade.com, Myjuicecleanse.com
March 19, 2012
Serums do so many things that I am always shocked at their potential to repair our aging faces.
A short review: Serums are boosters. They make formulas used with them work even better. So, what is it that they actually do?
- Serums are highly active. These formulas are loaded with potent complexes and botanicals that really get results.
- These formulations are different in that they don’t contain feel-good, smell-good ingredients, moisture barriers, sunscreens or other ingredients that make us “like” beauty products.
- They have different delivery systems. Many serums use micro-sized particles to deliver all these active ingredients deeper into the skin.
- Most are in a thinner formula. They come in liquid, gel or fluid forms, and therefore, are more easily absorbed into the skin.
- They are very potent. They not only have multiple actives, but have the actives in higher percentages to deliver better results.
- It is important to choose the correct serum. Like other beauty products, serums can be formulated for a specific area, such as around the eyes, around the mouth, the neck and the face. Some multi-purpose serums have been tested for all of these areas.
For maximum results, exfoliate regularly, use your serums day and night, and make sure you use a moisturizer or a night cream on top to seal it into the skin.
March 16, 2012
Inner glow comes from being healthy, happy and confident. I have recently read two books that perfectly describe how to care for your body and your mind. The first one is a New York Times Bestseller called “Clean” by Dr. Alejandro Junger. It outlines a revolutionary program to restore the body’s natural ability to heal itself. Dr. Alejandro takes into hand the simple ways to detoxify and improve your health by eating pure, fresh, natural foods. His premise is that by having a health drink for breakfast, a complete, pure food lunch, and a health drink and/or soup at night, you will rid your body of chemicals and other impurities that keep your healing process from functioning efficiently.
The second book is “Hundred Simple Things You Can Do to Prevent Alzheimer’s” written by Jean Carper. I loved this book because - thank goodness I don’t have Alzheimer’s - she talks about how to maximize your memory and alertness, and improve your lifestyle to promote your full intellectual capacity before you actually see a decline. The book is easy to read because each of the concepts to improve your mind are outlined separately in its own chapter. Furthermore, some of it supports Dr. Alejandro’s concept.
Here are the golden rules – most of which we have heard many times - that I took away from the two books:
- Deep restful sleep aids healing.
- Pure natural food is our medicine.
- Anything in a box or a packaging is usually full of chemicals.
- Your positive state of mind controls your whole body. Every cell is listening to your brain. Make sure you keep it positive.
- Regular exercise is the fountain of youth. Just keep moving; you can’t beat walking.
- See your doctors regularly. Listen to your body for signs that it needs attention and medical assistance.
- Your social life and relationships are important to your well-being, especially as you get older.
- When you are happy, at peace and contented, everything falls into place better. Even in times of personal crises, do not let go of your calm, your peace and your sense of self.
Your inner glow radiates when you take care of your mind and your body. And it reflects on your self-confidence, happiness and inner peace as well as on your relationships with others.
March 15, 2012
Shape Up With Shapewear
With spring knocking on our doors, it is time to dig out those bright colored, light weight clothes that we’ve been hiding in the back of our closets all winter long. The change in our wardrobes - and the thought of wearing more figure baring and curve revealing clothes all of a sudden - might leave us feeling a little self-conscious. After all, the extra weight, the lumps and bumps that we’ve been hiding all winter will no longer be buried under multiple layers… But have no fear, because shapewear is here!
Shapewear and body shapers are the secret weapons of many women around the world for a number of reasons. Not only do they help reduce dress size, but they also smooth extra bulges, lift sagging parts of the body and straighten the posture. And the boost in confidence is the bonus!
With new technology in fabrics, design and manufacturing techniques, these miracle inventions have become quite popular in the recent years. Spanx by designer Laura Blakely has not only become a celebrity favorite and a red carpet must-have, but also a daily necessity for many women for its ability to make the body look flawlessly lean.
Due to their higher compression fabrics and amazing technology, many basics – from Spanx, YummieTummie and other popular brands – can deliver dramatic results, leading to body contouring and lipo effects.
Whether you are planning to wear a sophisticated evening gown, a chic lightweight dress, a stylish skirt or a nice blouse with a thin pair of pants, we suggest you consider trying out tights and hosiery, bras and high-waisted underwear, and shapewear for your midsection from one of the popular body-shaping brands. With their miracle undergarments, you will have smaller waists, lifted busts and butts, and shapely legs – and smiling faces full of confidence this spring.
Best Shapewear For You, Fashion Trends in Shapewear and Body Shapers, Spanx by Sara Blakely- Official Website
March 14, 2012
Faux Glow Video
March 13th, 2012
Seeds of Health
Seeds are packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids. Here are some suggestions for these nutritional powerhouses and how to add them to your diet::
- Hemp: is a complete protein, meaning it contains all 9 essential amino acids. This plant based source is basically the same as eating an egg. It has a mild flavor that can be enjoyed in a smoothie, protein shake, or sprinkled over fruit.
- Wheat Germ: is high in foliate, which is important for women of child bearing age because it fights off the risk of birth defects. Often found in cereal, wheat germ can be added to granola, put in smoothies, or sprinkled over fruit and cottage cheese.
- Sunflower Seeds: are high in Vitamin E, which fights off skin damage, including wrinkles. These can be enjoyed in salads, baked goods, granola, or in real American tradition on the baseball field.
- Pumpkin Seeds: are rich in phytosterols, which can reduce blood levels of cholesterol and enhance immune response. Pumpkin seeds can be added to baked goods, granola, or salads.
- Flax Seeds: are rich in Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids, potassium, and calcium. They are high in fiber, which reduces constipation and bloating.
- Chia Seeds: are packed with age defying anti-oxidants, Omega-3s and more calcium than whole milk by weight. Chia seeds help keep you feeling full longer and help control blood sugar levels. They can be added to anything from smoothies to pudding to salad dressings, and the gel can be substituted for half of the oil or butter in baked goods.
Source: Adapted from NBC TODAY Show 3.8.12
March 12, 2012
Brighten Up Your Face
As I walk down the streets of Manhattan, I see dull, gray, frowning faces. We don’t like cold weather with all these layers of clothes. We stay in our apartments way too much and tend to exercise even less. Spring has arrived; it is time to get your glow going and brighten up your winter-weary face.
Here are a few simple suggestions for instant brightness:
- Put highlights in your hair around your face. Your eyes will sparkle.
- Use a Young Glow!Pearlized Underbase under foundation or instead of it.
- Apply a brighter lipstick instead of your usual neutral.
- Change your nail polish. Consider a clear tone in your favorite shade.
- Apply a pearlized blush to the apples of your cheeks and blend it high on the cheek bones. Your whole face will look more lifted.
- Consider a bronzer. A light application will make you look like you just came back from St. Barth’s. It will enliven your face.
- Whiten your teeth. Let your dentist suggest what will work best for you.
- Get a haircut. Go to the very best stylist you can afford. Bring pictures. Make sure they understand exactly what you want.
- Buy a pair of colored shoes. They will not reflect on your face but you’ll be so happy wearing them that you’ll be smiling.
- Your skin needs circulation. Get outside and exercise.
- Have a professional exfoliation treatment. I love microdermabrasion.
- If you’ve never tried it, microcurrent, a salon procedure, will temporarily give you a firmer, more lifted look.
- Consider lash extensions. This is really a splurge but it makes you look amazing.
- Have your eyebrows professionally shaped.
- Start putting highlighter on the brow bone.
Keep smiling. It will brighten up your face and make you feel brighter too!
March 9, 2012
Treatment Room Results At Home
Spring is in the air. We are rethinking everything, especially our wardrobe. It’s the time to shake up your skincare regimen and wash away the woes of winter.
Most of us are too busy in our day-to-day lives to consider using beauty masks. I want you to consider the benefits of an at-home facial.
Set aside 45 minutes…I know this sounds like a lot but the results are worth it. Here is how to get started:
- Exfoliate. Use our Young & Appealing salon system for gentle but potent exfoliation. This 2-part system is the closest treatment I have ever found to what we actually do during our in-salon facial. This step will remove dead skin cells and irregular texture while soften the effects of discoloration, giving your face a smoother look overall.
- Line Lifting Mask. A face lift in two little jars! This is a tightening, slimming, and total face-rejuvenating treatment. What do I mean by “slimming”? This mask dries so tight and firm on your face that it eliminates excess puffiness and other fluid retention that is making our aging ages look bloated. It helps to penetrate active ingredients in the formula deeper into the skin surface. Do not talk or move for 20-30 minutes while this is on your face. Try not to crack the mask as that will reduce the benefits. After the mask has fully dried, it is best to remove it in the shower or with multiple warm damp washcloths.
- Dry Parts Moisture Mask. This is the icing on the cake. One of the results of the previous mask is that your skin is better able to absorb after it is removed. Deep hydration like you have never seen before will take place with the Dry Parts mask. Keep it on your face for 10-15 minutes before washing off.
I love how my “immediately younger” face looks after this 3 part at-home treatment. Many of our clients insist that they look even better on the second and third day.
I would love to hear about your results. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 8, 2012
Spring Forecast: Bold & Bright
With the gradual arrival of a long waited spring, bold, eye-catching shades and vivid brights are making their grand entrance. So bring a little energy and perhaps a dash of happiness to your look by incorporating these springy hues into your fashion picks.
Tangerine, poppy red, rosy-red, sweet lilac, fuchsia pink, bright yellow, mustard yellow, grass green, deep purple, ink blue, and marine blue are only a few of the refreshing, vibrant hues that will brighten up your day and your wardrobe.
You can pair these lively shades with softer neutral earthy tones, such as smooth honey, sandy hues, beiges, and soft greys. Such color combination and blending of bold brights and soft muted tones will create a contrast to balance out the color palette of your outfit. It will also tone down the brights to create a more subtle yet still bold and elegant look.
If you would like to go extra bold and daring, feel free to combine two or three bold and bright colors together. It is important to make sure that when you are mixing multiple bold and bright colors – instead of adding a neutral shade – that the shades you pick are in harmony and complement one another to create a combination visually appealing to the eye.
Need tips? Here are a few colors that look great together:
- Deep purple and orange
- Yellow and turquoise
- Violet and yellow
- Light blue-green and fuchsia
- Hot pink and light purple
- Grass green, orange and white
- Navy blue with white and maroon or red.
- Soft rose pink and mint green
- Mint Green and cocoa brown
With the help of heavenly colors and a sophisticated style, we know you will be bringing spring with you everywhere you go…
March 7, 2012
Beauty Sleep With Awaken Miraculously Younger
March 6, 2012
Oils: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Oils are fat, but they can be healthy fat that is full of flavor. A tablespoon of any oil from a plant source contains 120 calories and 14 grams of fat, but the nutrition and mix of healthy vs. unhealthy fats can vary.
- Olive Oil-is known for its heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. It is very low in Omega-6 and high in flavanoids.
- Canola Oil-has the lowest saturate fat content of any oil. Choose Organic and expeller pressed varieties; otherwise it can be high in pesticides and subject to high heat during processing which counteracts the Omega-3s.
- Coconut Oil-while high in saturated fat, unrefined and virgin coconut oil is high in lauric acid and low in Omega-6. Hydrogenated Coconut Oil on the other hand is high in trans fats.
- Cottonseed Oil-has the worst Omega-3 to Omega-6 ratio of any oil. It is usually refined, deodorized, and bleached, and therefore there are genetic modification/environmental concerns.
- Corn Oil-is also usually refined, deodorized, and bleached, and therefore there are genetic modification/environmental concerns.
- Soybean Oil-unless it is organic, Soybean oil is usually refined, deodorized, and bleached, and is probably genetically modified.
- Pesticides-oils, unless they are organic, such as Corn, Cottonseed, Palm & Palm Kernel can be high in pesticides.
- “Bad Fat”- Saturate or trans fats are considered bad fats, as are oils high in Omega-6. Grain-fed Butter is high in both saturated fats and Omega-6; where as Grass-fed Butter is low in Omega-6 and a good source of Conjugated Linoleic Acid.
- Genetically Modified-oils that are refined at high temperatures can be genetically modified, counteracting their good properties.
March 5, 2012
Using Complimentary Products to Improve Results
- Like cooking, some ingredients in formulas just work great together.
Example: Herbs with proteins (peptides)
- The same goes for complete formulas.
Example: a serum and a moisturizer
- When combining products in different layers on your face or body, the best results will come from formulas from the same company.
Example: Our Neck Appeal Exfoliating Pads and our Coneflower Neckline Firmer Cream
- Understand the primary job for a product and don’t duplicate.
Example: Two exfoliants
- Be careful and test for sensitivities on the inside of your arm.
- Look for lots of botanicals with names of plants that you understand
- Great synergy will not only create better results but will also make you want to use these combinations together.
March 2, 2012
Calluses, Corns, Bunions and Cracked Heels
Calluses, corns, bunions and cracked heels…All of these foot disorders seem to get worse every age. I have them all. Here is how I have helped myself to improve my aging feet.
- Calluses & Corns : Both are caused by various forms of rubbing our feet in our shoes. Make sure your shoes fit. One foot is always bigger than the other. Use pads and soles, heel grips and other inserts to prevent the rubbing. Your pedicurist can help you keep these under control as well as regular exfoliation at home.
- Bunions: I have bunions on both feet. Bunions are caused by a weak muscle in your instep that causes the bone below the base of your big toe to protrude. It is mostly an inherited condition that can be exhilarated by improper shoe fit and heels. I stopped the progression of this degeneration and the pain caused by it with Pilates exercises for my feet. Stretch your toes open, interlace your fingers around them, rotate them back and forth and stretch them out. Repeat this daily.
- Cracked Heels: Try our Intensive Heeling Dry Foot Formula; I know of no other product that could heal my cracked and bleeding heels that were in pain, better. I have shared it with so many friends who have had the same improvement. I can’t go one day without this product; in fact it has made my feet as smooth as a baby’s behind. Use the Intensive Heeling Dry Foot Formula daily for maximum results.
I was spokesperson for Dr Scholl’s for several years. I have learned an incredible amount on taking care of your feet when I was on their Experts Foot Council. If your feet hurt, nothing else works. Take care of this vital part of your anatomy.
March 1, 2012
Shopping In Your Own Closet
We all know fashion trends come and go. But we also know what “goes” also “comes back!” From the popularity of vintage clothing and retro looks in the recent years, we can safely say fashion recycles itself and certain styles always make a big comeback. If you know how to recycle your clothes and “shop in your own closet”, that can be huge perk for your style AND your wallet!
Look into your closet and separate out the clothing items you have purchased, loved and worn over the years. Chances are you will find all kinds of treasure: classic and flattering styles, your favorite patterns and colors, vintage cuts and fits with a little edge and twist, and most importantly, items that reflect you and your unique taste in fashion. Try them on and determine which ones still suit your body and your tastes. Then, pair these vintage styles up with current trends. Not only will you have a unique look and a fashionable style, but you will also have a full wardrobe of clothes and accessories you love to wear and that suit you instead of purchasing new ones that you throw out every season when the new fashion wave hits.
Experiment with what you own and invent new uses for old outfits that you find at that deep dark end of your closet. You will be surprised and amazed at how many beautiful and unique looks you will pull off by mixing-and-matching your clothes from different time periods. Also, keep in mind that sometimes pieces that you used to wear together might look better on their own - especially when it comes to a new chic outfit and a refreshed look.
Found an old cashmere or silk sweater? Leggings? A glamorous vintage dress? Do not be afraid to wear clothes that you used to love and have worn over the years. Get creative by pairing them up with different items and newer styles. Go for classic looks and styles that suit your taste, body type and age. We guarantee you will be pleased with what you discover from shopping in your own closet!