Black Friday Special is Still On For Cyber Monday!
Spend $25 or more (exclusive of tax and shipping), from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST today (November 26th) and receive a FREE Promises Delivered Neck Cream Serum with your order!
November 9, 2012
Winter-Proof Your Skin
Winter, without a doubt, is the harshest season for our skin - our hands, faces and bodies can all suffer.
Constant switch between the freezing weather and central heating can leave our skin extra dry, tight and uncomfortable. This is because our skin is stripped of its natural moisture by wind, central heating and low humidity. So what can do you to winter-proof your skin?
- Avoid using harsh elements. Soaps, harsh chemicals, hot water and detergents can all aggravate dry skin. Try using soap-free, milky cleansers instead.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Both day and night. It sounds obvious but many of us forget to do this. And many that do moisturize don’t do it enough. You should apply your day cream on clean skin in the morning, and your rich and creamy night cream after cleaning your skin at night. Make sure to apply your eye cream. Apply an anti-aging serum before your cream in order to boost the benefits.
- Exfoliate once or twice a week. Gentle exfoliation will get rid of dry skin cells, dirt and surface debris, allowing anti-aging formulas to penetrate your skin more effectively. Use an exfoliating face wash or exfoliating pads once or twice a week before your cream.
- Buy a humidifier. Low humidity is a big factor for winter dryness. If your central heating is causing your home to be dry, get a humidifier.
- Get a facial once or twice a month. You may be taking care of your skin religiously with the right anti-aging products. But there is nothing like getting regular facials for maximum results. Remember – regular facials enhance the benefits of your skin-care routine.
November 8th, 2012
Bad-For-You Fashion Trends
Who doesn’t love chic accessories, stylish clothes and elegant trends? Fashion is, after all, one of the most fun, creative ways of self-expression. But did you know that certain trends can really jeopardize your health? Here are three fashion trends you should avoid:
They make your legs look longer, but they do nothing for the health of your feet or your risk of injury. Wearing high heels can put a lot of stress on your knees which, over time, can increase the risk of osteoarthritis. They also increase the risk of foot problems and injuries that develop over time.
Big, heavy pierced earrings
Big, beautiful, dangly earrings may be the perfect accessory to add the finishing touch on an elegant look. But they can also stretch the hole in your ear or even split it! Try to wear really light earrings or stay away from them altogether in to avoid damaging your earlobe.
Yes, we, women, need a lot of things with us at all times – wallet, phone, sunglasses, perfume, hand sanitizer, make-up… the list goes on. But if you carry a big, heavy purse on a daily basis, you may be increasing your risk of shoulder pain or even damage to the nerves that innervate through the shoulder. Don't risk the health of your shoulders by carrying half of your belongings with you every time you go out.
November 6, 2012
Counterintuitive Health & Beauty Tips
If you want…
To Banish Bloat…
Drink MORE water. Bloating can come from over-indulging in salty foods or even not drinking enough after a vigorous workout. By upping your water intake you will calm your kidneys.
Eat more chocolate. The flavonoids in dark chocolate can help reduce inflammation redness.
Brushing too often can damage tooth enamel, making them weaker, more prone to cavities, and less white. Wait 30 minutes after drinking or eating acidic foods before brushing teeth. If you are in a hurry, try chewing a piece of sugar-free gum, which can help reduce acid on teeth.
To Eat Less…
Surround yourself with more food. Just make it healthy food. By surrounding yourself with healthy food, good choices can become more automatic. We eat what we see. Also, snacking on healthy, whole foods will help keep blood sugar in check, thus limiting the urge for a quick fix.
To Drop a Dress Size…
Gain weight. Starting a regular weight lifting program can cause you to gain weight, in the form of lean muscle mass, but look smaller.
Shampoo less and avoid products for more shine. Washing your hair too often can strip it of its natural oils, making hair dry and prone to breakage. While silicone based shine products can even make your hair look dull over time. If you want more shine, keep hair healthy and deep condition often.
November 5, 2012
Super Salad Weight Loss
A salad a day can keep the doctor away. A salad a day will also keep the pounds at bay! We all know that making a meal out of the most nutritious foods: fruits, vegetables, beans, and seeds – can keep us in excellent shape, (especially when paired with exercise). But how much do you know about the amazing health benefits a nutritious salad can provide?
- More than 200 epidemiological studies shows that raw green vegetables have a powerful association with reduction of stomach, pancreas, colon and breast cancer.
- People with the highest amounts of lycopene in their blood - an antioxidant found in tomatoes - are 55% less likely to have a stroke.
- 28 servings of vegetables per week decreases prostate cancer risk by 33%. Just 3 servings of cruciferous vegetables each week - kale, collards, broccoli or Brussels sprouts - decreases prostate cancer risk by 41%.
- One or more servings of cabbage per week reduces the occurrence of pancreatic cancer by 38%.
- Mushrooms prevent DNA damage, slow cancer cell growth and prevent tumors from acquiring a blood supply.
- Multiple studies show pomegranates inhibit breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer and leukemia. They also naturally lower your blood pressure, help reverse atherosclerosis, and improve heart health.
Studies show that nuts and seeds dramatically extend life and protect against disease.
To achieve maximum immunity and longevity, make fruits, vegetables, beans, seeds and nuts your primary diet. Every day, plan to have:
- At least one large salad.
- At least a half-cup serving of beans (in a soup, salad or other dish).
- At least three fresh fruits.
- At least one ounce of raw nuts and seeds.
- At least one large (double-size) serving of green vegetables, raw or steamed.
Most dieters fail to keep off the pounds they lose when they make temporary and sudden changes to their diet. Those that stick to a nutrient-rich diet for a better health have a tendency to reach their ideal weight fairly quickly and keep the weight off. So remember – the changes you make to be as healthy and disease-resistant as possible are more likely to become permanent - a new lifestyle.
November 2, 2012
Crepey Arms and Lizard Legs
So many of our clients tell me that they take perfect care of their face, but often neglect the skin on their body.
You can, however, change your aging body skin just by taking care of it regularly. You will need two specific kinds of formulas to achieve optimum anti-aging benefits on your body. One for exfoliation and one for moisturization.
- Exfoliate your body skin regularly. If dead skin cells accumulate, your moisturizer will not be able to penetrate deep enough to repair, smooth and hydrate your skin. My favorite way to do this is to use exfoliating pads that are saturated with botanicals. They instantly dissolve and remove the dead cells that from bumps on the backs of our arms and lizard skin on other parts of our bodies.
- Use a rich anti-aging cream with active ingredients all over your body. Such a formula helps firm and tone crepey skin on our body looks saggy and wrinkled.
Consistent use of these two kinds of formulas will get amazing results. Make this regimen just as important as your facial care and you will see the major difference!
November 1, 2012
Gorgeous Scarves to Keep You Warm
From lightweight silk to cozy wool, another fall season comes with an amazing selection of scarves. Quite the functional and fashionable accessory, scarves are a definite fall-wardrobe staple every year. Bundle up with one to keep warm during the chilly weather and express your stylish taste at the same time. Throw your favorite one in your purse and then wrap it around when the cold wind hits.
Scarves spice up even the most basic outfits and instantly transform your look. Complete any look while expressing your fashion sense with faux fur scarves, embellished scarves, pashmina shawls, animal print scarves and patterned knit scarves.
Wrap a different one around your neck every day to keep warm and add a touch of magic to any outfit you wear.